Tuesday, January 20, 2015

The Passionate Heart

One of the scribes came and heard them arguing, and recognizing that He had answered them well, asked Him, “What commandment is the foremost of all?”  Jesus answered, “The foremost is, ‘Hear, O Israel! The Lord our God is one Lord; and you shall Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ Mark 12: 28-30

This week we learn that our motto should be: keep the main thing the main thing but “what is the main thing?”  I can’t speak for you but I meet Christians daily that are working so hard to please to God.  And as a direct result they are EXHASTED. As if this work that He has invited us to be a part of will collapse without my involvement.  After all without my gifts, talents or education this particular ministry will fall apart.  I have placed myself in a treacherous place with very loose footing.  Some would even say, “You’re Building the ministry on the sand”.      

I was reminded of a story in the New Testament.

Luke 10:38-42
 38 Now as they were traveling along, He entered a village; and a woman named Martha welcomed Him into her home. 39 She had a sister called Mary, who was seated at the Lord’s feet, listening to His word. 40 But Martha was distracted with [a]all her preparations; and she came up to Him and said, “Lord, do You not care that my sister has left me to do all the serving alone? Then tell her to help me.” 41 But the Lord answered and said to her, “Martha, Martha, you are worried and bothered about so many things; 42 but only one thing is necessary, for Mary has chosen the good part, which shall not be taken away from her.”

For those of us who relate to Martha be encouraged, Jesus is NOT Disgusted, Angry, Disappointed or even Distant.  He is NOT saying, ‘come and I will Ignore you’.  “Come to me all that are Thirsty” What great encouragement to share with our boys that ‘Jesus is THE thirst Quencher”.   And His thoughts towards us outnumber all the grains of sand in the world.  He Loves us.  

A passionate love affair with Christ Jesus is the Main thing.  


PREVIEW CHAPTER 6: THE WILLING HEART

Question: Do I have a Willing Heart?


Key Verse: For it is God which works in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure.   Phil 2:13

No comments:

Post a Comment